Call for Submissions / Gallery 44 Centre for Contemporary Photography / Artists and Curators / Toronto, ON / Deadline Date: Thursday, September 30, 2010
Gallery 44 Centre for Contemporary Photography is a non-profit artist-run centre committed to the advancement of photographic art. We encourage the submission of exhibition proposals from emerging, mid-career and established artists and curators who are innovative in their use of materials and approach to subject matter. Gallery 44 views photography within the larger context of contemporary artistic practices and relevant cultural issues in today's society.
Please submit the following:
1. A maximum of twenty slides or digital images (CD must be readable on MAC OSX) representing a recent body of work or a specific project. Digital images should be: RGB, jpeg format no larger than 1024 x 768 pixels at 300 dpi. They should be numbered 01 to 20 (01_tree, 02_house, 03_car etc.) Gallery 44 does not accept original artwork.
2. An image list indicating title, year, medium and dimensions.
3. An artist's statement, curatorial statement, or other written description.
4. A physical description of the proposed exhibition, including the number of works, the space required and any unusual installation requirements.
5. A curriculum vitae, resume or biography of the artist(s) and/or curator (including all artists if it is a curated exhibition).
6. A self-addressed envelope (SASE) with sufficient return postage. Without an SASE we will not return submission packages and will dispose of submission materials appropriately.
Gallery 44 welcomes the opportunity to collaborate with other arts and community organizations. Please contact us to discuss your project.
Gallery 44 will take reasonable care with submission materials; however, we cannot accept responsibility for damage or loss to original photographic prints. Gallery 44 does not accept submissions by fax or email.
Late submissions will not be accepted. Submissions must be postmarked by the deadline. Please clearly label your envelope with the call that you are applying for. Artists are paid in accordance with the CARFAC Fee Schedule.
Please see Submissions on http://www.gallery44.org for a floor plan of the gallery and further information.
Contact for submissions:
Alice Dixon, Exhibition Coordinator
email@example.com | 416.979.3941
Gallery 44 Centre for Contemporary Photography
401 Richmond Street West, Suite #120
Toronto, ONM5V 3A8